Bahja Initiative is an islamic organisation aiming to bring about a positive change in the community by reviving the Sunnah and upholding islamic principles. Bahja Initiative was founded in 2013 in Accrington, and was named by one of the great scholars of our time, Habib Khazim as Saqqaf (Yemen).
Bahja Initiative is a fully registered UK Charity (registration no. 1169309),
regulated by the UK Charities Commission.
WHAT WE DO
We currently have several projects running including:
- Education – Islamic Studies & Tajweed courses for adults, as well Women’s Only Classes. We also invite scholars from around the UK to deliver talks/events
- Afrah Al Batul Madrassa – An evening islamic school for 5 – 16 year olds
- Sports – We off the Sunnah Sports including Archery, Swimming, Wrestling and Horse Riding, as well as regular Football Tournaments
- Feed The Needy – Feeding Projects for the Homeless and those on the poverty line. We run a weekly Curry Club and supply Food Parcels inclusively.
- Mawlid – The Yearly Grand Mawlid gathering, as well as the weekly Thursday Mawlid
send us a message
Contact us and we’ll get back to you shortly